This policy describes how we use the personal information that we collect from you in connection with your receipt of our products and services (the “Services”), when you interact with our websites and apps (together, the “Websites”) and when you participate in our referral partner program.
Important: This policy applies to you if you contract with us to receive the Services or otherwise interact with us regarding your use, or potential use, of the Services. It also applies if you interact with us, including by using our Websites or interacting with us via social media.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. We collect information from you when you fill in forms on this website (including when you register to use our Services), when you respond to any surveys that we send to you to complete, post materials on the Websites, request further information about the Services and when you report a problem with our Websites. This information may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address and phone number;
- details of any opinions or complaints you raise regarding the Service (including those posted on public forums and social media) and details of any correspondence that you have with us, including via our online customer support function;
- your responses to any surveys or questionnaires that we may send to you;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders. All payments are made through our payment processors (see Payments via our website below). All card details are provided direct to the payment processor and we only receive transaction details and certain limited card details (name, address, card type, last four digits of card number and expiry date) from the payment processor to manage your payments and to identify your transactions; and
- your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
- Other information we collect about your visit to our website or use of our apps. With regard to each of your visits to our Websites, we may automatically collect details of your visit, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, analysis of how users are using our Websites and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
We may also collect, use and share data and aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate statistics to understand usage of our Websites.
To comply with our legal obligations
We use your personal information to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- to comply with mandatory law enforcement or regulatory requests for the disclosure of your personal information, including in circumstances of suspected fraudulent activity
We use your personal information in order to deploy and develop our services, to improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights, including:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research and statistical purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure and to monitor actual or suspected fraudulent activity;
- to train our staff;
- for the set-up auto-enroll links enabling you to easily join our referral partner program;
- to administer our referral program by keeping a record of your transactions if you were referred to us by a referral partner so that we can pay the partner commission to which they are entitled;
- to carry out retargeting advertising;
- to measure the effectiveness of our Services so that we can improve our Services;
- to send you information about the Services that you are receiving and any changes to such Services and new features that you need to be aware of;
- to provide you with information about new features of the Services that you are receiving and about our services and products that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; and
- to build profiles of potential purchasers of our products and services and to identify potential purchasers of our products and services.
Marketing, targeted advertising and opting out
You will only receive our marketing communications if we can lawfully send them to you, that is:
- when you have specifically consented to receive them;
- if you have already purchased our products and services, we may send you information about our similar products or services under soft opt-in consent; and
- in your business capacity if you have requested information from us, if you provided us with your details or if we have identified you as someone who may be interested in our products/services.
Our Websites use retargeted advertising. As a result of this retargeting, you may see ads for our services on other sites such as Facebook. Our retargeting providers will read a cookie that is already in your browser, or they will place an anonymous cookie or ‘pixel’ in your browser when you visit our Websites. Click here to change your cookie consent.
We use analytics services (including: Google) in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize our Service and experience. These are technology services that help us better understand our users experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our Service with user feedback.
Disclosure of your personal information
Payments via our websites
All payments through our Websites and pursuant to our referral partner program are made using the payment services provided by Stripe (“Payment Processor”). To use these payment services you must have your own account with the Payment Processor and have connected your account with our Services or programs. To provide your card and billing details, you will be directed to a Payment Processor’s service.
In processing card payments, the Payment Processor acts as a data processor to us but in other respects, both we and the Payment Processors act as data controllers and we will share personal information with the Payment Processors and the Payment Processors will share personal information with us in order to provide the Services. For further information on how the Payment Processors handle your personal data see:
Others with whom we may share your personal information
We share limited personal data with our affiliates only to the extent required to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
How we keep your personal information secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be carried out by our Payment Processors over encrypted connections using SSL technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and for so long as you do not wish to unsubscribe from our marketing communications or from receiving targeted advertising. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like details of our retention periods for different kinds of personal data.
Links to other websites
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.